Our psychologists and therapists provide helpful support and guidance with parenting.
Parents sometimes bring their child to therapy to find help with emotional, behavioural, or learning difficulties. We can provide your child with a safe place to learn strategies to help them achieve their potential. We work closely with parents to help them learn strategies to support their child’s growth.
We can help parents learn a variety of skills, such as:
- Communicating effectively with your toddler, child, pre-teen, or teenager
- Keeping calm when emotions run high
- Creating a positive, safe space for your sensitive or anxious child
- Expressing your needs to members of your extended family
- Learning about attachment styles and how you can foster a healthy, secure attachment with your child
- Balancing your role as caregiver with your own needs and desires
Our psychologists employ strength-based approaches to parenting aimed at developing healthy attachments, empathy, and enhancing emotional expression and regulation skills in the family.