Fees and Sources of Coverage


Beginning January 1, 2023, psychologists’ fees for individual work are $235/hour. Couples or family sessions are billed at $270/hour.

Therapists who are supervised by a clinical psychologists are billed under the license of the supervising psychologist at the supervising psychologist’s rate.

There is no HST billed on services of psychologists (including therapists supervised by a psychologist) in Ontario.


Individual sessions with a psychotherapist are $180/hour. Couples or family sessions with a psychotherapist are billed at $208/hour.


Currently in Ontario, HST is charged on psychotherapy services provided by a registered psychotherapist (in other words, a member of the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario), but HST is not charged on services provided by a nurse, occupational therapist, social worker, or psychologist.

Methods of Payment

Fees can be paid by Visa, MasterCard, debit card, cheque, cash, or e-transfer. Self-paying clients pay at the end of each session.

Fees for clinically-related telephone calls, letters, and reports completed outside of treatment sessions are billed in 10 minute intervals for the time spent.

Extended Health Plans

Coverage for Your Mental Health

If you have extended health-care insurance through your employer (for example, health coverage by Sunlife, Manulife, Greenshield, Great West Life, etc.), your insurance company may reimburse you for part or all of the cost of seeing a psychologist or psychotherapist.

We suggest you read the insurance booklet describing your benefits, or talk to your insurance company to find out about your coverage for seeing a psychologist or registered psychotherapist.

We are happy to provide direct billing to select insurance companies that allow us to do so. Ask our administrative staff whether your plan will allow us to direct bill.

If we cannot direct bill your insurer, payments can be made at reception after each treatment session. We will issue you a receipt that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.

Auto Insurance / Motor Vehicle Accident Claims

We Can Help!

Are Psychology Services Covered after an Auto Accident?

  • If you have a pre-existing mental health condition that has been worsened by a motor vehicle accident (MVA), you may qualify for coverage of mental health and psychology services under your auto insurance plan.
  • In addition, if you are struggling with a new mental health condition (emotional changes, behavioural changes, changes in attention, memory, etc.) or a brain injury (including concussion) as a result of an accident, the cost of psychology services is covered under your auto insurance.

Our psychologists assess, diagnose, and treat a range of conditions, including chronic pain, depression, anxiety, posttraumatic stress, and traumatic brain injury. We are used to working with other treatment providers, doctors, case managers, insurance adjusters, and lawyers to make sure you get the treatment you need.

If you have an accident claim open, contact us, and we can assist you with applying for funding for treatment. We will meet with you to submit an “OCF-18 form”, asking for funding for services.

Help following an accident

How are Psychology Fees Processed?

mvaOnce your auto insurer approves a treatment plan (OCF-18 form) for psychology services, here are the steps involved regarding processing fees:

Your auto insurer requires you to use up all available extended health benefits for psychology before we can bill your auto insurance company directly. 

If your extended health insurance company won’t allow us to direct-bill, we will ask you to pay for services at the end of each psychology session. We will issue you a receipt that you can submit to your extended health insurer for reimbursement.

Once you have used up your psychology coverage from your extended health insurer, they will issue you a letter stating there is no more coverage available. Please send us this form, which we will submit to the auto insurer on your behalf.


Thereafter, we can bill your auto insurer directly!

Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB)

Mental Health Treatment After a Work-Related Incident

If you have mental health problems or functional disabilities because of a work-related accident or other workplace stress or incident, you may qualify for psychology and psychotherapy coverage through the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB).

We treat a variety of work-related conditions, such as:

  • Traumatic Mental Stress (15-03-02)
  • Posttraumatic Stress Disorder in First Responders and Other Designated Workers (15-03-13)
  • Chronic Mental Stress (15-03-14)
  • Posttraumatic Stress Disorder in First Responders and Other Designated Workers (15-03-13)

We also treat disabilities impairments resulting from work-related accidents, including:

  • Psychotraumatic Disability (15-04-02)
  • Chronic Pain Disability (15-04-03)
  • Depression
  • Anxiety
  • Adjustment Disorders

We are registered with the WSIB Community Mental Health Program.

Contact us – We can help!

Contact us to see how we can help

Veterans Affairs

Help for Veterans and their Families

If you are a Canadian armed forces Veteran, Veteran Affairs Canada may cover the cost of psychology services. We offer a wide range of mental health services, support and information for Veterans and their families.

Our psychologists treat a range of issues, like anger difficulties, anxiety, depression, relationship difficulties, and problems re-integrating into civilian life.

The most important thing to realize is that you are not alone – help is often just a phone call away.

Contact us – We can help.

Mental health & neuropsychology coverage

Criminal Injuries Compensation Board

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Board provides compensation for psychology services to eligible applicants who experience psychological problems as a result of being a victim of crime.

Compensation may be awarded even if no charges were laid or if there was no conviction in a criminal proceeding.

Anyone injured as a result of violent crime in Ontario can apply.

Violent crimes may include attempted murder, firearm offences, poisoning, arson and other offences such as assault, sexual assault, domestic assault, child physical assault, and child sexual abuse.

Can anyone else apply?

  • Family members of deceased victims can also apply for compensation if they were financially dependent on the deceased victim or if they paid expenses as a result of the death.
  • A person can also apply for compensation if he/she witnessed or came upon the scene of an extremely violent crime and meets the legal criteria for a finding of “mental or nervous shock”.

Contact us to find out how we can help.

Find out if you are eligible

Health Care for Refugees

Psychology Funding

Health Care for Refugees – The Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP): The Canadian federal government covers mental health services provided by psychologists, psychotherapists, and/or counselling therapists) under the IFHP Supplemental Coverage.  In order to obtain services covered by the IFHP, you must be referred to us by a physician (medical doctor). Interpretation services required during mental health assessment, treatment or counselling are covered.

Find more information about whether you are eligible and how to apply.

Sources of Coverage

You may have coverage under one of the following plans or programs. We can help you find out!