Brookside Psychologists offers independent medical examinations and insurance evaluations (psychological and neuropsychological assessment).
We accept referrals from a variety of organizations, such as the Ontario Medical Association’s Physicians’s Health Program (OMA PHP), the Ontario Nurses Association, auto insurance companies, and extended health insurance companies.
Often, questions addressed in a psychological or neuropsychological IME include:
- Fitness to practice medicine
- Eligibility for long-term disability benefits
- Whether a treatment plan is reasonable and necessary
- Whether a claimant has reached maximum medical recovery from a mental health issue or brain injury
- Determination of permanent and serious impairment
- Determination of¬†catastrophic impairment
- Ability to work
- Accommodations required for work or school