Mandatory Vaccination Policy (effective December 1, 2021)
In the interest in safety and protection of staff and all clients visiting our offices, Brookside Psychologists will be mandating all staff and adult clients be fully vaccinated (plus 14 days after second dose) as of December 1, 2021 to attend a Brookside clinic premises.
What this means as of December 1, 2021:
What proof of vaccination will be required?
- All staff will be required to provide a copy of their vaccination certificate to attend a Brookside office in person or have proof of medical exemption.
- Adult clients will be required to provide proof of vaccination at the nearest appointment following December 1, 2021; this will only be required once, as documentation will be stored within their client file.
What about children visiting the offices?
- Children and teens under the age of 18 years can attend the office if they pass the government of Ontario’s self-screening protocol.
What other measures will be in place for in office visits?
- All staff and clients must continue using other COVID-19 safety measures until otherwise directed (i.e., mask wearing, sanitizing/cleaning, physical distancing, screening).
I’m a client and I’m not vaccinated. Can I keep coming to my sessions?
- Your mental health wellness is our priority, and virtual services will be available to all adult clients who are unvaccinated.
- Brookside will maintain all information, including verifying vaccination or exemption, in accordance with privacy legislation. Staff or client vaccination information will not be disclosed to any third-party (i.e., other employees, consultants, clients, visitors) without expressed and explicit consent from the employee, consultant or client.
- If you have any questions about this policy, please feel free to speak to your clinician directly. If the issue is not resolved with your clinician, please feel free to contact the following: